A one-day event in front of a select audience of institutional investors, that will discuss and debate how ETFs can be used in an institutional portfolio.
For many, the ETF industry is a semi retail industry used by individuals, RFAs and wealth managers to achieve index exposure. But increasingly, institutional portfolio managers of all types are employing ETFs to achieve their investment goals. ETF Express is pleased to bring you our one-day event to discuss the opportunities, and drill into the detail. We would be delighted to have you participate.
We are offering four principal sponsorships – the chance to Chair and shape one of the panels below. Each sponsor will work with our editor to agree the topics and select other speakers on the panel and will have two guest passes for the full event. There will be the opportunity to set up exhibition stands at the event.
- Each panel discussion will run for between half an hour and 45 minutes with a Q & A session.
- The audience will be strictly limited to 100 institutional investors, invited from the ETFExpress readership.
Registration & coffee
Chairman’s welcome remarks
Detailing the growth of ETF industry and current trends globally and then drilling down into the US ETF figures and split between the institutional and retail audience and rise of the institutional investor in the US.
Panel discussion: The ETF providers
ETFs offer a wealth of opportunities for the institutional investor, from smart beta, factor-based investment, to exposure to vanilla indices, to thematics such as ESG or AI, ETFs offer a solution to all challenges that face the institutional investor when constructing their portfolios.
Panel discussion: The index providers
Index providers discuss the construction and range of the indices underpinning the ETF market, examining sectors, geographical spread, factor issues, tracking error, and costs.
Networking coffee break
Keynote investor presentation
Panel discussion: Accessing ETFs
What is the most efficient route to trade ETFs for the institutional investor?
- Ease of trading; relative merits of exchange or platform trading
- The RFQ process
- Transparency and liquidity
Institutional investor case study
An institutional investor speaks, detailing personal experience of using ETFs, where they have worked in portfolios and where they haven’t.
Panel discussion: Regulation and the ETF
- The increasing impact of post-GFC regulation
- The new ETF rule 6c-1
- Non-transparent ETFs and going overseas – what overseas regulatory issues pose a concern for US fund managers
ETF thematics live
- Drilling down into thematic ETFs
- Smart Beta or factor investing
- Medical marijuana through ETFs
- New technology - AI, robotics, 5g
Panel discussion: Applying ESG in institutional ETF portfolios
Networking coffee break
ETF strategies live
- Active v passive ETFs - alternative and leveraged and inverse ETFs have moved ETFs closer to the hedge fund space
- What do these products offer the institutional investor and how can risk be quantified?
- Emerging market ETFs - how can institutional investors use ETFs to gain diversified emerging market exposure?
- Accessing China
Panel discussion: Fixed income ETFs for institutional investors
How to gain fixed income exposure through the ETF vehicle – cost effective, transparent and liquid?