“All about Exchange Traded Funds”
A one-day event at The Brewery, London with an audience of institutional investors, wealth managers and financial advisers.
ETFs have enjoyed explosive growth over recent years and all types of asset managers in Europe are increasingly interested in incorporating them into their portfolios.
The speakers, drawn from the European ETF industry, will demonstrate how ETFs work; what they can add to a portfolio; how they can be used to build model portfolios and what effect ETFs can have on existing portfolios.
Registration & Breakfast
Panel Discussion: Investing in ETFs - a wealth of opportunities
- From smart beta, factor-based investment, to exposure to vanilla indices, ETFs offer a solution to all challenges that face the professional investor when constructing their portfolios. This panel will discuss the wide range of ETFs available and how they can be used for portfolio construction.
- Matt Brennan, Fund Manager, AJ Bell Funds
Panel Discussion: Construction and range of indices underpinning the ETF market
- This panel will investigate sectors, geographical spread, factor issues, tracking error, and costs at an index and exchange level.
Panel Discussion: The Big Debate - This house believes ETFs will ultimately increase instability in the capital markets
- Two protagonists, one for ETFs, the other against, will debate the relative merits of the vehicle in a traditional debate, supported by comments from the audience.
- Allan Lane, Co-Founder, Algo-Chain
- Louis Gargour, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, LNG Capital LLP
Panel Discussion: How to Trade Your ETFs
- Ease of trading; relative merits of exchange or platform trading; the costs of trading; the RFQ process; transparency and liquidity issues and the role of APs and marketmakers.
Panel Discussion: Regulatory Impact on Institutional ETF Investing
- The rapid rise of the ETF industry, the increasing impact of post-GFC regulation and specifically MiFID2 and OTC regulatory changes. New non transparent ETFs and their implications for active managers.
Panel Discussion: Trends and Thematic Investing Through ETFs
- The flexibility and liquidity of ETFs makes them useful vehicles for accessing a range of thematic strategies. From Robotics to Medical Marijuana, to ESG Factors, ETFs offer a route to investment.