This 2 day practical course is designed to equip the delegates with a sound financial modelling skills and techniques to prepare and forecast financial statements needed in a modern corporate world. You will gain a firm understanding of the modelling process and financial ratios analysis.
The course is run in a very small group allowing for a direct interaction with the trainer throughout the whole course and each session is concluded with a practical model building exercise.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Build a financial model from a scratch using the best structuring techniques
• Use efficiently key Excel functions to construct sound financial forecasting models
• Create a forecast income, cash flow statement and balance sheet
• Interpret and analyse the key ratios used in a financial forecast
• Apply and analyse more complex issues in financial forecasting such as taxation, provisions, associates and NCIs
• Develop the analysis of balance sheet structures through a cash waterfall
• Use the financial ratios in the forecast analysis
• Prerequisites: Basic/intermediate knowledge of accounting
Register now - number of places is limited!
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 08:01
Just 20 years ago, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) were novelties. Now, after two decades of explosive growth, they are firmly entrenched in the asset management landscape. Total US-listed ETF assets reached a record-setting USD2.0 trillion at the end of 2014, up from USD1.7 trillion a year earlier, and inflows totaled USD244 billion for the year. European ETFs also saw record flows in 2014; they attracted USD61.4 billion in new assets, more than three times the 2013 total. ... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 13:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »
Tue, 03/02/2015 - 12:05
Following recent dips in the Euro, Jeff Keen, fund manager at Waverton Investment Management, offers his view on why it will rebound… ... »
Mon, 24/11/2014 - 10:53
The GFM Guide to Relocation 2014 draws together in one volume the key points covering the relocation of investment funds and managers to the following major jurisdictions – The Bahamas, BVI, Guernsey, Malta and Ticino... »
Mon, 16/02/2015 - 18:26
Despite the sharp falls in the oil price, the unwinding of speculative bullish positions that has reinforced downward pressure since the summer of 2014 is probably not yet over, says Viktor Nossek, Director of Research, WisdomTree Europe… ... »