22-23 January, 2013 – London - Early bird available before December 21
The Advanced Hedge Fund Investing Seminar is an intensive two-day course that will impart advanced concepts and practical tools for optimal construction and risk management of hedge fund portfolios. It will also enable participants to use latest performance and risk decomposition as well as due diligence and risk budgeting techniques to create superior hedge fund portfolios while controlling for risk.
François-Serge Lhabitant is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC Business School and a member of EDHEC-Risk Institute, and Chief Investment Officer at Kedge Capital Fund Management.
Robert Kosowski is Affiliated Professor of Finance at EDHEC-Risk Institute and Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Hedge Fund Research at Imperial College London.
Key Learning Benefits:
The seminar will enable participants to:
- Understand advanced performance and risk attribution for hedge funds.
- Examine the practical importance of time-varying risk exposures in hedge fund portfolios and advanced techniques to deal with them in practice. Learn latest techniques to distinguish risk-taking from skill in hedge funds.
- Develop an understanding of advanced alternative beta decompositions including variance and correlation risk.
- Appreciate the role that quantitative hedge fund strategies can play in a diversified portfolio. Learn the key drivers of returns in quantitative hedge fund strategies such as CTAs, quantitative long-short equity funds and pairs trading strategies. Learn how to incorporate insights about capacity constraints in hedge fund strategies into the portfolio allocation process.
- Examine the implication of performance and risk attribution insights for hedge fund replication. Appreciate differences between different hedge fund replication approaches.
- Learn advanced hedge fund portfolio construction and due diligence techniques. Understand how hedge fund performance measures can be manipulated and how to address resulting issues. Learn due diligence techniques and performance flags that help spot potential misreporting.
- Find out how to incorporate hedge fund return predictability into the portfolio construction process. Understand the value added of Bayesian techniques for hedge fund allocation.
- Explore risk budgeting and risk allocation approaches in the context of hedge fund portfolios. Understand the implications of time-varying risk exposures for risk budgeting.
Standard rate: EUR 3,500
Early bird rate: EUR2,800 available before December 21
Further Information and Registration:
For further information about the event please visit our webpage:
or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
To book a seat, please visit our online stores or contact Mélanie Ruiz or on: +33 493-187-819
Continuing Education Credits
As a participant in the CFA Institute Approved-Provider Programme, EDHEC-Risk Institute has determined that this programme qualifies for 14 credit hours. If you are a CFA Institute member, continuing education credit for your participation in this programme will be automatically recorded in your CE Diary.
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 08:01
Just 20 years ago, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) were novelties. Now, after two decades of explosive growth, they are firmly entrenched in the asset management landscape. Total US-listed ETF assets reached a record-setting USD2.0 trillion at the end of 2014, up from USD1.7 trillion a year earlier, and inflows totaled USD244 billion for the year. European ETFs also saw record flows in 2014; they attracted USD61.4 billion in new assets, more than three times the 2013 total. ... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 13:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »
Tue, 03/02/2015 - 12:05
Following recent dips in the Euro, Jeff Keen, fund manager at Waverton Investment Management, offers his view on why it will rebound… ... »
Mon, 24/11/2014 - 10:53
The GFM Guide to Relocation 2014 draws together in one volume the key points covering the relocation of investment funds and managers to the following major jurisdictions – The Bahamas, BVI, Guernsey, Malta and Ticino... »
Mon, 16/02/2015 - 18:26
Despite the sharp falls in the oil price, the unwinding of speculative bullish positions that has reinforced downward pressure since the summer of 2014 is probably not yet over, says Viktor Nossek, Director of Research, WisdomTree Europe… ... »